The Mihajlović Family has been engaged in the art of watchmaking for two generations. The founder of our watch store and servicing department is Ilija Mihajlović. He started studying watchmaking in 1937 in Niš. During the Second World War, Ilija worked as a watchmaker in Bor, until his mobilization in 1944, when he was sent to the SremFront. Thanks to his knowledge and skills, he had the opportunity to apply his craft at the SremFront, because officers wanted to keep their watches properand accurateat all times. One photograph from that period has survived.
After the war, Ilija worked in the state-owned watch company JUVELA. One of his colleagues, the German soldier, Leonhard Gogl, was kept as an employee of the company until 1955 and was an excellent watchmaker who willingly shard his knowledge. After leaving Juvela, Ilija and Leonhard stayed in touch.
In 1955, Ilija Mihajlović opened an independent watchmaking shop at the address: Terazije 5, in the passage, where the watch store is still located today. Since 1993 the business has been successfully run by Ilija’s sons, Srba and Aleksandar.
At the end of 2013, a new store was opened, with improved and modernized sellingarea. Watches at the new store are from world famous brands: Tag Heuer, Victorinox, Zeno – Watch Basel, Claude Bernard. The service department of the store employs watchmakers who are trained in maintenanceand repair ofSwiss watches, for which they hold appropriate official certificates for servicing the following brands: IWC, Tag Heuer, Zenith, UlysseNardin, Chopard, Raymond Weil, Movado, Frederique Constant, Victorinox. It is also possible to service a number of other Swiss brands, such as: Rado, Breitling, Calvin Klein, Certina, Doxa, Omega.
The store also has a large selection of parts for older models of Swiss watches.